Original topic:

Huge battery drainage in the galaxy A71 purchased last week.

(Topic created on: 07-10-2020 09:54 AM)
newA71user
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi, I am a new Samsung galaxy A71 user. It's been a week since I got this phone and the battery drainage is concerning. I lost almost 20% last night and I'd been asleep for 5 hours! The selling feature of this phone for me was the great battery life everyone talked about. And someone said it's the ui learning my phone's information and it would get back to normal in a couple of days but this is just getting worse.

And I do turn off the wifi on my phone when I go to sleep and there were no background apps running.
6 Comments
Galaxy A
post the sot screen shot for such issues. I am using A71 and I don't have any such issue. I get 1.5 day usage from single charge.

Factory reset it if you do not get good backup.
0 Likes
newA71user
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
0 Likes
Good-Doctor
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

I'm a battery freak and the reason I bought this A71 is because of good battery reviews. Sadly, it's 4th day since I bought this phone and I'm very much disappointed. My old J7 2016 performs better than this phone after 4 years of usage. 

Before you advise me about battery saving measures let me clear it that I have done the following things from the day I got the phone;

> Screen Brightness to 5% all the time.

> Dark mode on from day 1.

> Black solid color Amoled Wallpaper from day 1.

> No location, GPS use.

> Not a gamer at all.

> Always-on display off from day 1.

> Bixby disabled from day 1.

> Animations disabled.

> Not opting to vivid mode because I thought it might consume battery.

> No issue of poor signals on cellular service.

> Battery saving mode on.

I charged my phone to 100% last night and before I sleep I optimized the phone and there was no app running in the background and I even turned off the wifi with Brightness lowered to 5%. I woke up after 5 hours and saw my battery at 96%. The stats show no background app or screen on time but still this battery drop. Why is it happening? 

This is about last night. My phone got stuck at 98% and it was there for 25 mins. I plugged out and plugged in again it jumped to 100%. 

Phone is amazing but I'm seriously disappointed by the battery life of this phone. I'm not a heavy user. I only use Twitter, Samsung Notes, Chrome to browse and some audios already present in my phone memory. 

After half day of very light use of twitter, chrome browsing and samsung notes use, the battery drops to 50%. I have to charge it daily from 50% for my very lite use.

Somebody help me with this battery issue. How can I upload screenshots here? Not giving me option. 

Galaxy A
Do not select anything on the graph otherwise you will get SOT for that time period. I do not see any battery drainage in your mobile.
0 Likes
Good-Doctor
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

I'm a battery freak and the reason I bought this A71 is because of good battery reviews. Sadly, it's 4th day since I bought this phone and I'm very much disappointed. My old J7 2016 performs better than this phone after 4 years of usage. 

Before you advise me about battery saving measures let me clear it that I have done the following things from the day I got the phone;

> Screen Brightness to 5% all the time.

> Dark mode on from day 1.

> Black solid color Amoled Wallpaper from day 1.

> No location, GPS use.

> Not a gamer at all.

> Always-on display off from day 1.

> Bixby disabled from day 1.

> Animations disabled.

> Not opting to vivid mode because I thought it might consume battery.

> No issue of poor signals on cellular service.

> Battery saving mode on.

I charged my phone to 100% last night and before I sleep I optimized the phone and there was no app running in the background and I even turned off the wifi with Brightness lowered to 5%. I woke up after 5 hours and saw my battery at 96%. The stats show no background app or screen on time but still this battery drop. Why is it happening? 

This is about last night. My phone got stuck at 98% and it was there for 25 mins. I plugged out and plugged in again it jumped to 100%. 

Phone is amazing but I'm seriously disappointed by the battery life of this phone. I'm not a heavy user. I only use Twitter, Samsung Notes, Chrome to browse and some audios already present in my phone memory. 

After half day of very light use of twitter, chrome browsing and samsung notes use, the battery drops to 50%. I have to charge it daily from 50% for my very lite use.

Somebody help me with this battery issue.

0 Likes
rohilla032
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
uper half portion of A71 heat like fire after 10 to 15 min use..some time calling voice not receiving after restraining this issue fix... and some time headset not attached to a71 ...and battery drain very quickly....
0 Likes