Original topic:

How to enable Secure Startup on Samsung Galaxy Phone

(Topic created on: 02-20-2020 09:05 PM)
Vish1
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

Secure Startup

Protect your device by using a screen lock when your device turns on.

Require a numeric PIN or password to decrypt your device each time you power it on.

1. From home, tap Apps  > Settings  > Lock screen and security .
  2. Tap Secure startup and follow the prompts to encrypt all data on your device.

PROS and CONS

Secure Startup basically encrypts the entire internal storage when Phone is restarted.

Ofcourse no information is left for the hacker attack or in case you lost your mobile before the decryption password is supplied.

It is sometimes required by some security policies      (Office 365/Official purpose) but most of the times its not necessary.

The problem is that the device will not be working until the PIN or password is input, no calls, message, internet will work as phone will not come up fully until we enter correct PIN. 

Important Note: We need to make sure we should not forget PIN or Password once Secure Startup is configured else phone will not come up after restart.

0 Likes
9 Comments
Heinilae
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

How does this work with Samsung S10 Lite?

0 Likes
tanaydshah
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I was able to do this on the note 9 but doesn't work on note 20. Please help. Would like to get this feature on the note 20.

0 Likes
Corz3376
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

How do I remove this security feature as after an update I get no alarm and no phone calls and end up late for work this has happened a few times ...also plugged the phone in after it has died pressed power on then left it before starting android...

Thanks in advance 

Cory 

0 Likes
Ethanc2006
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

In secure startup, you have 30 attempts to enter the correct PIN, password or pattern or the device will factory reset, which will delete all data.

0 Likes
Vish1
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
You should be correct. Without password I don't think there is any option to enter into GUI of phone and may be will have to reset. Hence we always need to take backup of mobile data frequently or save data on External Memory Card.
0 Likes
Hellblade
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Does this work on Samsung m13 5g? I can't find this option
0 Likes
akashbafna
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Is this option available in Galaxy s23 plus because I can't able to find this option.
0 Likes
Sharon980
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Hi
I have no Secure Startup in Samsung S10. Can you help me on that?
0 Likes
Vish1
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
We are still unclear whether Secure Startup is available in Android13 or not. Not sure if Secure Setup has changed or replaced by something else as we do not find this option in setting option in Android13. Thank you.
0 Likes