Original topic:

Got a problem with the front cam on my Galaxy A52. Can someone help me out?

(Topic created on: 09-21-2021 05:12 PM)
mobin_john
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I was just wondering whether something is wrong with the front camera on my galaxy A52. Whenever I take WhatsApp video calls using my device, I see that the video through my front cam appears too grainy and HDR ish. My lips colour is too pinkish and the other party often points this out. It is not a problem with my internet though 'coz I used a high speed broadband connection. The front cam works really well on my secondary device, which is a Galaxy M31s and I find no cam issues when I make WhatsApp video calls using that device. I have taken of the lighting but the problem persists. Does someone face this issue? Are there some settings that I need to be mindful of? 

7 Comments
ムBHINムV
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
😂😂😂 exect same things
But the other side people see you normally like less grainy , smooth n soft
My primary device in one plus nord
Their camra in vc works outstanding
0 Likes
mobin_john
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
@Lucent9019 - Not really. The other party does complain that the video output from the front cam of my A52 is not great. The best part is one of my friends asked me whether I applied lipstick 😁. Jokes apart, I just don't get it. Things are pretty fine with my M31s. But I really don't know what's wrong with my Galaxy A52. Surprisingly, this happens with WhatsApp video calls. At first I thought it might be some network glitch but it kept happening ever since. It's not a network issue - that I am pretty sure. Can't find a reason whatsoever.
ムBHINムV
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Yeah agreed
this happens in only whatsapp vc , other than that if you call in Duo or any other like snapchat , telegram , insta etc video call works fine
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Have you removed screen protector? If yes, try to take a video with Camera app and see if issue is front camera or WhatsApp.
mobin_john
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
@GalaxyA51user: I did remove the screen protector. The cam works fine. It is a problem with WhatsApp. Tried video call using Telegram and Duo. I hardly encounter any problem (video related) while using those apps. Btw, thanks for the input.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Great to know, it's not camera issue! Uninstall WhatsApp or update to latest version once.
0 Likes
CS_member7
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Reset camera settings  
Camera > Settings > Reset settings > Reset.  

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes