Original topic:

Game booster completely disables screen timeout on A51

(Topic created on: 07-23-2021 03:43 PM)
applesauce94
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

I'm running the latest version of android 11 on my a51 and the last couple of months I've had issues with the game booster (suspected at least) just completely disabling screen timeout and instead turning the screen nearly black. Changing the Navigation Lock settings only changes whether or not the navigation lock happens. 

It specifically happens when using an app that uses the game booster navigation bar. 

Tried reinstalling, changing settings in all apps, changing permissions, set the games to power saving, reset app settings, disabled background activity, and probably more but since this has been going on for over a month I don't remember all the specifics. I'm usually pretty tech savvy, but this is has been throwing me for a loop.

small edit with extra info:
What might be interesting is that the screen also doesn't dim after 30 seconds like it does for all other apps before turning off the screen. 

6 Comments
Galaxy A
If you want to get rid from the dim screen or touch protection
Follow this steps
Go to game launcher open menu (top left 3 line) and open game performance > touch protection > never
applesauce94
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

This somehow makes it worse. Setting touch protection to 'never' keeps the screen on full brightness indefinitely. 

0 Likes
Galaxy A
I think In games screen timeout doesn't work you have to manually turn off scrren
0 Likes
applesauce94
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

It worked fine for ages till a couple months ago, and this problem only occurs with some games. (I've contacted support for these games but they are unfamiliar with the problem)

0 Likes
ottnor
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes