Original topic:

Galaxy A71 front camera issue

(Topic created on: 08-24-2020 10:56 AM)
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
       I didn't notice the front camera for last 2 months. The day before when I was taking selfie I noticed that it was not selected in high resolution. So, when I select high resolution for front camera the camera automatically goes to wide mode. Before lockdown when I used to take more selfies then I have noticed that there were a "Normal" and a "Wide" mode whatever the resolution was but now wide mode only work in high resolution and normal mode only work in normal mode.

My question are - 'Is this a bug in my device or this is for every A71 users ?'
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy A
There is no mode available to select in 3:4 32 MP and 3:4 64 MP ratio for front and rear camera.
And it is like this since start.

Normal and wide mode is available only in 3:4 ratio.
0 Likes
Black98600
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Yes is available in a71 and even in M series.
0 Likes
Black98600
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
its same for me, may because of the update.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Bro it was like this since start. Wide mode in front camera takes upscale pictures of 12 MP in normal 3:4 ratio.
If you use 3:4 32 MP ratio camera cannot take upscale pics.
Black98600
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
May be but personally I don't like to use 32 MP, it takes it to take pics.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and perform following methods to resolve the Camera issue:-

1. Please clear data or cache of Camera Application(Tap Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache/data).

2. Reset the Device:- Kindly create data backup of your device via SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite
How to reset:- Settings>General Management>Reset.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
RahulKamat08
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Since the update of UI 3.0 in my Samsung A71, I can see the camera quality got degraded.
My selfie camera is not working properly, it is not able to focus properly and most of the time images are blurry and not clear.
Even my display is not working properly, I got really shocked when I visit a electronic shop and compare my 10 months old A71 with the new one.
To my surprise my display brightness is half from the new one.
I asked the people over there and they asked me to take the device to nearest service center, However, due to lockdown all the centres are closed.

Please help me here!!
0 Likes
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
You should visit the samsung service center. Now, I am not facing those issues.
0 Likes