Original topic:

Galaxy A71 compass not working even after calibration

(Topic created on: 02-21-2022 09:18 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy A
I have a galaxy A71 4g updated to latest Feb firmware.
Recently I noticed that the compass was acting weird. It's showing wrong directions and I am not able to use apps such as sky map.
I even tried calibrating the compass several times but it didn't work.
Tried restarting but didn't work.i think either it's a bug in the latest update or its an hardware level issue.
Update:I soft reset the phone qithout lising any data(cleared Darvin and art caches)and now compass works fine.
I just went into android recovery cleared cache only and rebooted. Done. 

17 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Apps like sky map and some games are not working 😕
0 Likes
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
😵 kya games ni khel skdi .... fer ta boora hoya.. 😭
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Working perfectly fine here.
0 Likes
kroy1234
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Don't worry, bro perfectly hard reset the phone with good speed of network, I think it's solved.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Update:I soft reset the phone qithout lising any data(cleared Darvin and art caches)and now compass works fine

Thanks BTW
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Update:I soft reset the phone qithout lising any data(cleared Darvin and art caches)and now compass works fine
0 Likes
m925
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
The problem of location and magnetic sensor issue is always there in A71. It is observed that if any app is open which needs location information than response from compass app is quick . Compass is supposed to be show magnetic north for which sensor is available but still it needs internet to work.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.  

Warm Regards,  
Samsung Customer Support    

0 Likes