Original topic:

Galaxy A71 battery drain/usage pattern

(Topic created on: 04-18-2021 11:36 PM)
Dweepayan
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

Hi all,

I am a new user of Samsung galaxy A71,which I purchased 1 day ago. The phone is great and it does have a lot of process that goes behind the scene. I just updated it too. 

Now my battery is draining at a rate of 1% every 5-10 mins. This is quite fast,and even on standby it looses 7% over night. Is this normal?

Note: All standard settings applied including wallpaper,location,deep sleep apps, etc 

Samsung says that the phone will take a week to get optimized,and learn my usage pattern then it will stop. Other users are getting 9-10hrs SOT while I get 4hrs!

11 Comments
IcyJay30
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Exclude anything useful.

1 Turn off wifi and Bluetooth scanning

2 Turn off auto wifi hotspot 2.0

3 Turn off wifi on automatically

4 Turn off nearby device scanning

5 Turn off printing service

6 Turn on auto optimise from device care.

7 Go to permission manager-> location-> show system apps and select 'allow location only when app in use' for all possible apps individually and deny to those whom you don't want.

8 Go to google from setting -> on device sharing -> remove 3rd party apps except google apps

9 Again google -> device connection-> turn off nearby share, devices, cast media control, android auto
~IcyJay
10 Turn off auto update from both play store and galaxy store. Also go to notifications of these both and turn off notifications like promotions,deals,recommendations.

11 disable these bloatwares->
(My galaxy, facebook services-app installer)

12 Put these apps in deep sleep->
(Appcloud, Galaxy themes,... etc)

13 Turn off background activity and data usage(whichever possible) of these apps->
(Discover, samsung visit in, samsung push service, wallpaper service and any app that you don’t wanna run in background)

14 Go to Notifications of Google and Turn off things that you don't care about like stocks, promotions, price drop alert.

15 Turn off 'ok google' detection from assistant.

16 Remove Usage data accesss from apps that you don't use(inside special access under permission manager).

17 Samsung keyboard-> languages&types-> 3dot-> turn off auto update.

18 If you dont install shady apps and sideload APKs then turn off 'Auto scan for malware' in device care.

19 Device care-> automation-> storage booster-> Auto cache cleaner set it to Weekly (daily not recommended)

20 Dark mode and black wallpaper will save battery, also you can watch youtube not in full screen so that black borders will save battery.

21 Turn off 'screen on while viewing' from advance feature->motion & gestures. Worst battery eater because it uses front every time phone is on.
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes