Original topic:

Galaxy A71 battery drain/usage pattern

(Topic created on: 04-18-2021 11:51 PM)
Dweepayan
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

Hi all,

I am a new user of Samsung galaxy A71,which I purchased 1 day ago. The phone is great and it does have a lot of process that goes behind the scene. I just updated it too. 

Now my battery is draining at a rate of 1% every 5-10 mins. This is quite fast,and even on standby it looses 7% over night. Is this normal?

Note: All standard settings applied including wallpaper,location,deep sleep apps, etc 

Samsung says that the phone will take a week to get optimized,and learn my usage pattern then it will stop. Other users are getting 9-10hrs SOT while I get 4hrs!

11 Comments
KSK
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Check whether bixby is enabled. If it enabled disable it also. Restart one time and check. I am had same issue, followed above step and now it working fine
Dweepayan
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Yeah,my Bixby routine is disabled under advanced settings.

0 Likes
KSK
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Disable it on notification panel too
Dweepayan
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

Yeah. Notification was on. But the app was disabled. I disabled it. I dont know if this will do any improvements.

KSK
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Disable it on Notification panel then restart your phone and check.
Galaxy A

Yeah,now my battery is at 88%. After restart battery drops a bit,mine came down from 90% to straight 88%..after restart. Lets see if this is maintained till morning  

Thanks. Will let you know.

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Bro as it's a new phone, it will take about a week to adjust the battery according to your usage. This is not a major issue. You'll see the difference in a week
Galaxy A

Thats good to hear. Hope it optimizes well, right now battery drain is not standardised. Its quite fast.    Did you face the same? After 2 weeks will it be fine?

(Samsung asked me to wait too,for 1 week. Also the standby drain is high. All settings disabled)

0 Likes
Galaxy A
And also one thing please try to update the phone through a stable wifi or internet. Try not pause the update in between because it can create issues.