Original topic:

Galaxy A71 Face unlock problem

(Topic created on: 07-14-2020 03:27 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy A
Face unlock feature of Galaxy A71 is very very slow and most of the time it fail to recognise. In night time it almost not working.
3 Comments
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I am also using A71. And with this I first came to try face unlock. So, i have done many experiments. I wear glasses 👓, so I have to register differently. After viewing your post I do some tests and results come positive as well as negative.
When the result is negative :
1. I wore a headset on my head, then it failed.
2. I wore glasses, bright screen reflects on glasses, eyes become not visible and it failed.
3. Lock screen wallpaper is too whitish to reflect more light on the glasses to make the eyes not visible, it failed there.

When the result is positive :
1. I put off my glasses, it works fine within a second without error.
2. I wore glasses but tried dark wallpaper on lockscreen, so that less light reflect on glass. An it recognised my face smoothly.

(I tried all that in a dark room)
Before blaming someone or thing first test your situations are right or wrong for your actions, otherwise you would blame the wet woods for not being burned.

Hope it will help you.

Thank you.
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to delete current one face lock and try to register new face lock or you can set another mode of lock like pattern, pin etc.

To set/remove face lock follow below steps:-

Settings > Lock screen > Screen lock type > Face > Continue > Select any screen lock type. For example, tap on Pattern > Draw your unlock Pattern > Continue > Re-draw the pattern to confirm > Confirm > Continue > Done > Continue > Back > Biometrics and security > Face recognition > Remove face data > Remove.

You can get help to set face lock from given link:-
https://publish.samsungsimulator.com/simulator/0cb21db1-eb1c-49b6-bfef-c61c656a3603/#!topic/lock_scr...?

After Performing the troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists, kindly get back to us with additional information- Error log File, Video or Screen-shots. This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.
(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).

For future reference, you can contact us by sending email at support.india@samsung.com or call us 1800-5-07267864/1800-40-7267864.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Members_ZnKQZ5A
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

यह पूरी तरह से बेकार है किसी भी कंडीशन में स्वीकार्य नहीं है सैमसंग गैलेक्सी A71 एक प्रीमियम फोन होने की वजह से भी अच्छा फेस लॉक आईडी होना चाहिए था जो नहीं है आने वाले अपडेट में इसको सही किया जाना अनिवार्य है बहुत बेकार क्वालिटी का फेस लॉक है जो इसमें प्रयोग किया गया है

0 Likes