Original topic:

Galaxy A52s 5G back plastic panel self seperation

(Topic created on: 03-22-2023 06:59 PM)
MonK11
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy A
About a month ago I noticed some discolouration on the back panel of my device and few days ago I noticed the back panel and the mid frame having a gap in between them. I have used the device normally and it haven't came in contact with any chemicals or extreme heat which can cause the seperation. If this is the situation of an IP67 rated device then I am not believing in the ratings anymore.
Anyway I went to Samsung care and they slapped a ₹2000 bill to get the back panel replaced as according them simply applying adhesive won't retain the IP rating because the plastic panel's integrity has been compromised and its chipping off.

TamRo
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
This is so disappointing from, it is happening with my device too. Highly unexpected from Samsung.
What happens to the IP rating in this situation?
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
IP rating isn't applicable in case of seperated back panel however after getting it replaced from Samsung IP rating will be just like before.
TamRo
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
How is it now after the repair? Any signs of the issue coming up again?
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
No problem as of now but I've to wait for a year see how the panel holds up.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Do you still have the device? I had this issue about 4 months ago and now it occurred again. Did you replace the whole back panel?
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I have the device. Yes I have replaced the whole back panel.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
If you don't mind, pls let me know these things.
1) is the pasting still fine?
2) are you using a back case?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Yes the pasting is fine but you have to make sure that they clamped the back properly when the gave you the device back, in my case they used rubber bands but in inadequate quantity so I have to ask they for more. And yes I'm using a case.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Oh ok..they didn't use anything like rubber band in my case? For how long did you keep the bands?
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
For about 2hrs.