Original topic:

Galaxy A50 update messed up my network settings/connection

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 07:24 PM)
Ericaboswell99
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I updated my phone this morning with the Android 10 update which took 30 minutes. Once it updated, my phone did not have a service without wifi. I could not text or call without wifi. 

Troubleshooting tips I have already done in this order: restarted my phone, reset network settings, restarted my phone, turned the phone on airplane mode, turning off mobile data, turning it back on, waited a few minutes, and factory reset my phone. I tried to call technical support through my service provider, but I cannot make a phone call now. What do I do?

5 Comments
QKazi
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Try using your sim card in another mobile. If your sim card works well in another mobile then it seems that the software update has caused this problem and you will need to reinstall the update. Either via odin (which will cause loss of all data such as contacts,photos, apps, etc) or you can visit nearest authorized service centre.

If the sim card does not shows network in another mobile then it's the issue of your sim. You might just need to replace your sim from the store.
0 Likes
Nikhilknp
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
If you have recently updated the phone you can downgrade it back to Pie.
Use ODIN method to downgrade and after then never update at least 01 year.
0 Likes
vkeshav
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
dont update on data use a smart switch or Odin method..or you can go to any Samsung store they will upgrade...some files miss out during download on data
0 Likes
AJ1221
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
July update is out for india
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Check device network mode settings
Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > network mode SIM1 or SIM2 > network mode.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes