Original topic:

Galaxy A50 proximity sensor bug during call

(Topic created on: 12-13-2019 11:16 AM)
pvmanoj
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
I am using galaxy a50. During call or taking call the screen is not getting off when earpiece is kept near ear. Usually all other phones which I have used gets off when it is placed near ear. But this is not the case with A50. I checked the proximity sensor with, its working ok. When *#77692# is pressed the proximity sensor option comes up. The sensor is responsing well when hand is place even at 1cm distance. I checked with other apps, the sensor responded as it should. So, the issue is with buggy code which responds oddly when call is taken. Samsung should take it seriously and come up with solution, as the primary function of a phone is making calls. If this can't be made right, then the phone is useless.
14 Comments
VinodBisht
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
well said. same problem here
0 Likes
Devaraj
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
if there is tempered glass,remove it first and confirm
0 Likes
Samarjeet01
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
same problem is here also...samsung do something ...
0 Likes
GBairagi
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
kya hamne samsung a50 kharid kar galti ki hai ??

Fakush
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same problem here. Also when listening to whatsapp audios.

0 Likes
db97
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

same problem is here also..
Samsung please take it as seriously and come up with solution, as the primary function of a phone is making calls. If this can't be made right, then the phone is useless.

Please find attached screenshot: other screen automatically open new functions while calling.1576215423570.JPEG

It sometime send/delete messages to anyone/more and do the start any functions automatically.

0 Likes
TILashish
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
same problem visited service center no resolution
0 Likes
krmorjaria
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I am facing the same issue too. I have totally removed the tempered glass and tried but with no success. The service center people told me that the sensor is totally fine. They are not ready to accept the problem. Samsung can take care of it with a software update. 

0 Likes
Dg95110g
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Same here  😔

0 Likes