Original topic:

Galaxy A50 pocket auto unlock issue.

(Topic created on: 08-28-2019 08:17 AM)
saxonvincent
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have recently bought my Galaxy A50 (5th day today) and already suffering with the auto unlock issue. I have had my fingerprints scanned and security level up to 'Pin'. Yet the phone auto unlocks when it is in my pocket. 

I have taken the phone outside and confirmed how it happens. When I press the phone to my chest, the fingerprint scanner gets activated. One more press to chest (As in your phone is in your shirt pocket or jeans pocket), the phone unlocks!

Now, I have searched and tried every suggestion and tips the experts recommended on various blogs / communities / YouTube channels etc.; but nothing seems to be resolving the issue. Accidental touch on, double tap off, lift to wake off, smart unlock off, screen sensitivity off, flip cover auto unlock off; you name it, I have tried every thing and nothing works.

The phone will get unlocked when it is in my pocket, period!

The only thing that stops this issue is removing your fingerprint data. Once it is removed and you select unlocking preference as pin or pattern, there is no more auto unlock in your pocket. So I figured it out that the issue lies within the fingerprint scanner. 

Now, I really like to use the fingerprint scanner in my phone, else why the **bleep** I shelled out around 18k Indian rupees for a phone which won't work to its full potential?

Now I need Samsung to address this issue and give me a real solution. As I said, tweaking the settings aren't helping. Is my device faulty ? Is the hardware faulty ? Is there chances that the whole A50 phones are faulty ? Is there a manufacturing detect ? Should Samsung recall all the A50 phones out there in the wild ? Remember the Note 7 fiasco ? Do I have to spread the news to all never to buy Samsung devices with on screen fingerprint scanners because they are faulty ? I have learnt the S10 / S10s duos are also suffering from the same issue!

I have spend the money on a phone and I expect complete functionality from it. Now Samsung has to give me a solution on this.

14 Comments
Galaxy A
Bro Is Your Phone Connected To Any Bluetooth Device
0 Likes
saxonvincent
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

No, it isn't.

Galaxy A
Is Phone's Software Updated
0 Likes
Galaxy A
if Not Please Update It That is a Software Bug. Still the Problem Persists Then Try Resetting The Settings This Will Solve The Problem
0 Likes
saxonvincent
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

The phone is completely updated, tried resetting the settings, tried everything, nothing helps. 

0 Likes
saxonvincent
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

So there is no solution ?

Someone ? Anyone ?

0 Likes
Galaxy A
I think the needs a Software Flash Which you Can get it done through Service Center
0 Likes
A50phone
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
go to service center or return your phone
0 Likes
saxonvincent
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Great !

0 Likes