Original topic:

Galaxy A50 android 10 update

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 11:47 PM)
TanshuJindal
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
How come a good company like Samsung can't provide Android 10 to best seller phone of 2019 (Galaxy A50) even after 8 months of the launch of Android 10 ?

Come on Samsung, 8 months is a long time. SHAME ON YOU!

A50 users will shift to Mi or oneplus while buying their next phone because you are cheating your loyal customers.

Samsung budget phones customers also deserve to have latest software on their phones as soon as possible.
21 Comments
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
They have released on March16th.
It was rolled back due to bugs and further development was presumably delayed due to pandemic situation.
They are still working on it will release this month.
Nikss22_
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Bro..samsung is the world's no.1 smartphone company..so,this silly mistake won't be acceptable..why they gives us buggy update...
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
@nikss22_ agreed but We can't blame Samsung without knowing if their work was hindered or not due to lockdown everywhere. As they're not updating ANY devices, i take that as an yes maybe. So We should stop attacking Samsung and wait the update with patience, as Everyone would like a bug-free update instead of random glitches throughout the SW. My dad's A50 is on Android 10, I flashed it 1.5months ago, going well but the selfie cam has bugs. So let's have partience till they release a bug-free One UI 2.
sudhanshu144
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I am samsung a50 user and this phone is worst. Many people didn't notice but the performances of this phone is going down as time passes, there are many bugs and glitch if you're onto high usage applications. shifting of network band is major problem of this phone, Data connection and network is not constant because of shifting network. I am not heavy user but still i don't like these kinds of problem in any phone.  they are making lots of phone like a50 a51 a52 a53 a54 a20 a21 a22 and so on and they don't know how to make better software experience for user because of large production. They made some minor modification and throught it on air when they released the android 10 ..haha without testing it on other A50 phone. Plus battery estimated life is not close to approximation, sometimes downloading is slowing down when phone is locked even when you are downloading  from playstore, solution are there by disabling optimization but this is not great understanding of OS that what is user want to do with it. I hope samsung will resolve all this by android 10.

Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Only indian update have halted. South Korea also got Update on the same day. It had no problem.
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
@sudhanshu144 Are you on Pie or Android Q. coz while my dad's A50 was on Pie, i never noticed such issues. Yaa I also got network issues now but think if it's because of Android Q as I didn't have any such issues but my dad complained me of network speed issues recently, I will see if it's really because of some bug or real network slowdown coz of lockdown.. Regarding PlayStore downloads getting paused or stopped, hold Play Store icon> app info > battery > optimize battery usage > select all from dropdown > disable Play Store battery optimization. That thing plagues all Samsung phones but its because of battery optimization, you can disable that. Please start a topic if you see any issues so that if that is somehow fixable, it gets fixed.
0 Likes
ecofi
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
A50 is my last phone from Samsung in mid ranged
SNID
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Due to effect of lockdown update is delayed for A50, hoping it will be coming next month
Darora
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
next next krte may aa gya mgr update nh