Original topic:

Galaxy A50 October Security Patch released!!!

(Topic created on: 10-28-2022 07:21 PM)
MoreOfaShutterbug
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A

I guess there are no other changes...but kudos to Samsung for releasing security patch every quarter for a mid-range phone that's almost 4 years old now👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
I know its part of their update policy, but no other OEM has caught up with Samsung's consistency yet.
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
You're lucky as A50 is an enterprise model and only A5x series gets this type of software support as these are not intended for end-consumers (except for A51, S and and Z series obviously). That also means that samsung might not decrease the performance and camera quality through these updates.

A51 was in quaterly schedule since it's launch and after 2 years, shifted to biannual schedule. Same for every A7x series device.
ArvindFluidic
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
How you can say A5x series and in particular A50 is not meant for end consumers ? Anyone including general end users can get their A5x series...
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Sorry for the wording, I just realised that it's confusing.

What I actually meant is that the SW updates (more specifically the security patches) are targeted for employees for the devices labelled as enterprise models (A5x series excluding A51), sure they are more or less similar to what we get on other models, but there are differences in the vulnerabilities fixed and the stability of the update, apart from the obviously differences such as higher update frequency and more security related updates with bootloader versions Sx.
0 Likes
VIGNESHKK
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
What is the font name ?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
YDWorkaholic
0 Likes