Original topic:

Galaxy A02 (SM-A022F) Android 12??

(Topic created on: 12-21-2022 11:01 AM)
fritzherc
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

Screenshot_20221116-104536_Samsung Members.jpg

 Is this device getting Android 12. Note photo taken from official Samsung members app. It states July. But 4 months have passed since. December would be the last possible month they could update it. All other devices have gotten Android 12 or 13.

14 Comments
shireen13
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
You not alone. My A22 4G device didn't receive it either
0 Likes
LemonCream
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
December is not the last possible month that they could update the phone to Android 12. It will still receive the update, probably next year for South Africa. Android 12 will be it's last update.
0 Likes
fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Actually, December is indeed the last month they could honor their promise to update this phone. See come January 2023 the device will be 2 years old. Officially outside the support timeline for updating it. Then they can drop the phone without giving a single thing. That is a fact. As stated in their own update policies. They can just say 'It's too old', or some other nonsense, and we will just have to accept it. Because no one asked, they just sat accepting that Samsung will keep the promise they made. But if you look, they are busy updating old J models, the S6 and other old and ancient models. Don't you think they should update the models from 2019 and up first? After all those were the ones that had priority? Then the others that are outside that range. Look for the A02 on the official site, when you finally find it (buried on the site). Tell me they intend to update it.

0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I would say if you are using an A0x model don't hope for much in terms of support.. they have just launched an A04 so an entry level device isn't much of a priority with them as they can easily release a new one
0 Likes
Duane89
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Same with my Galaxy Tab A8. Said the update should have been in August already. Still nothing. Got fed up and flashed my tablet with Android 12 from another country
0 Likes
Galaxy A
My A50 stop at android 11
0 Likes
fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

So let me get this right. The A03, A03S, A02S,A01,S6, and quite a few J models and the rest of the device line ups that came before and after get Android 12, and still Samsung hasn't bothered wirh the A02. Something is fundamentally wrong. Just to be constantly passed over. 

fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Ok so Samsung finally took down the Android 12 update list on the official members app. Which means they have updated every device or have started updating every device that they promised to Android 12. Except the Galaxy A02 SM-A022F/G/M. Which means all us owners of the device are stuck on Android 11. I just wish I had known this was how I was going to be treated by Samsung in the first place. I would have bought the A02S or A12 instead. But this is not the first time Samsung has done this. They have made claims of 2 updates before. This time was the last time for me actually 3rd time to be precise. I am just tired of being played by Samsung. Every few years they make the very same promise to sell a few extra devices. Then dump the customer. Plus the worst is the fact that an older A01 got Android 12. While my newer better A02 is destined for the trash heap. Just like Samsungs' name and reputation if they keep treating the customer like this.

0 Likes
fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Well 10 days to go before years end. No Android 12 update for the A02. No update in sight. Cryptic messages from Samsung. I hate to say this but I told you so. Samsung is nothing but bold faced liars. All they did was run a deceiving advertising campaign. Then lied to every A02 owner about an update that they never were going to give for over a year. Most A02 owners bought into it, I was not misguided, they have lied before and will continue to lie.

0 Likes