Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Flashing firmware

(Topic created on: 01-28-2022 06:07 AM)
chathuradesilva
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
Does flashing stock firmware of another region to my device voids my warranty? Is that gonna trigger the Knox counter?
And as per the signal bands vary from region to region, if I gonna install a firmware from another region, what is the most suitable firmware to use here in Srilanka other than the SLK one.(Please include the CSC)
Thank you in advance.
Galaxy A
Many countries got the update. Sri Lanka is one of the last countries to get the update. Even india have the update. We have the CSC that shared with the India. Try the code *#272*IMEI No# and you'll see.
Galaxy A
I don't know much. But there are some issues with flash update. The OTA updates will no longer receive if the Network carrier is not the same with your CSC I guess.
Galaxy A
There are carrier locked firmware and if we skip them I think its not gonna matter and you should recieve future updates according to the firmware you've flashed. I mean there many Korean firmware installed phones being used here in SL with OTA update support.
Galaxy A
Oh really? I was worried about that. There a CSCs like OXM. They are multi CSCs. They have more sub CSCs in them. The CSC used in Sri Lanka is also a multi CSC. So are you sure that OTA updates will continue to receive after flashing a another compatible CSC?
Galaxy A
Yeah. Multi CSC firmware allows you to reciebe ota updates.
Galaxy A
So I think we have to be patient and endure this injustice. We are still on October security patch while lower cost devices are on January.
Galaxy A
Yeah. It doesnt make any sense. I dont mind that much about the security updates being late compared to the lower end butnow even the major OS updates!, why did then we pay that extra premium for buy the higher end one if we are lagging behind in software support.
Solution
kavishkacreed
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Go to settings >> About Phone and copy your IMEI
Then go to dialpad and type *#272*IMEI#
You can check your CSC Status and install by picking a desired county
If you cannot succeed just flash any country listed there.
Don't worry you will get OTA updates if you are using a multi CSC firmware Screenshot_20220128-193351.jpg
Galaxy A
Hey this seems new to me. What does that do? Can you explain it bit more? I am only aware of manually flashing furmware using odin.
kavishkacreed
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
If your device already running a multi-CSC firmware you can switch between CSCs without flashing but sometimes it won't allows due to some reasons so you just have to flash it anyway.
Flashing stock firmwares does not void warrenty nor trigger the knox.