Original topic:

Firmware update failed

(Topic created on: 12-27-2020 08:24 PM)
Yashchandanshive
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Past 4 day i am trying to update the latest firmware for my device samsung galaxy a31 but after downloading the update it is showing failed to update firmware or visit a samsung service centre.

What should be the issue? 

For the reference i have attached the image of that popup msg.

17 Comments
Galaxy A
Go to recovery mode and clear cache once and reboot. Afterwards try updating software again. Hopefully the issue will be resolved. If it still persists you need to factory reset the device or you can try updating through Smart Switch with the help of PC.

**For booting your device in recovery mode you need to switch off your device and hold power button along with volume up button together until device boots up.
0 Likes
Abdulrakib
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello, I was try already . Bootio also error.

0 Likes
meap
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
take it to the service centre
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
take a backup in smarswitch PC and Mobile phone.
Power Off-> Press Power button and Volume up button simultaneously for 10 seconds -> click on factory reset -> restore data from smartswitch PC.
If this does not help then visit service centre for flash firm or download software update from smartswitch PC or mobile. If your problem is solved click on 3 dots on my first comment and "Accept Solution"
0 Likes
AmanSagar
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Same problem
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Galaxy A

Did anybody able to fix it? Tried updating for like 10 times. I tried smartswitch but always get stuck when i download the firmware update.

0 Likes
Galaxy A
same issue i have also used smartswitch but it's showing the same error again
Ganeshgk1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same as my A31 also I try to 3 months already still is Same coming can't update.