Original topic:

Finger print sensor

(Topic created on: 03-24-2024 04:20 PM)
KENNEY8
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I am using Samsung galaxy A55.... but sometimes finger print sensor not working properly
Please help me 
8 Comments
Sayan_SS_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Please Complain To Samsung Support.
To Complain To Samsung Support Follow The Steps:-
Open Samsung Member→Click on Support Present Below→Click on Report→Type Your Report And Clip The Image Through The Clip Button Present Above→Click on Send.
Kuldexindia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Have you changed the display of your phone recently?
KENNEY8
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
No...it's brand New Samsung galaxy A55...I purchased just 4 days back
0 Likes
Kuldexindia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Then don't listen others and don't do anything just go to customer care and tell them your problem
AGNIII
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
If using tempered glass then u face this problem.
Then use the flex protector film for better sensitivity
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Remove your device screen protector and then check the issue.

Make sure you are using a Samsung-approved screen protector. If not then kindly remove your screen guard and check the issue. Samsung cannot guarantee compatibility with third-party products because fingerprint performance may be affected depending on the thickness and structure of protection films or screen protectors.

Clean the fingerprint sensor:
Clean the fingerprint sensor with a soft cloth. Make sure the fingerprint sensor is dry and free from any debris that may cause the sensor to be unable to recognize fingerprints.

Remove fingerprint and set up fingerprint again:

Remove the current fingerprint and set up the fingerprint again. When you touch the sensor to set up your fingerprint, make sure you set the entire fingerprint, including the outer area of your fingertip. Setting the entire fingerprint area enables successful fingerprint recognition with any grip.

How to remove Fingerprint: Settings > Biometrics and Security > Fingerprints > Fingerprint1 > Remove > Remove again to confirm.

How to Set up Fingerprint: Settings > Biometrics and Security > Fingerprints > Add Fingerprint > Scan your fingerprint > Place your finger on the sensor, then lift it off when you feel a vibration > Continue >
Reposition your finger each time to capture the edge of your fingerprint > Tap on Done.

Fingerprint added successfully.

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs. Please visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
EmPrAcE
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
If you are having a genuine problem before 14 days, get it replaced. If you have screen guard or tempered glass remove it and try the fingerprint scanner again. Restart the device.

If the problem is not solved dont go for repair, resetting and all. A new product should not have issues from the get go. And my A55 have no issues with fingerprint scanner so it might be your device. Get it replaced. If you start service from the beginning then you will only have time for that. Dont wait for the 14 day window to close.

This is just my opinion, listen to others and make a good decision.
KENNEY8
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I visited Samsung customer care service.....that time working fine...they says it's not replace... after next 2days .... finger print sensor some times not work

IMG-20240329-WA0011_1000000408_1711726348.jpg