Original topic:

Finger Print Sensor Issue A7 2018

(Topic created on: 01-02-2020 03:46 PM)
EFXOR
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
After Downloading the security pack of dec. My A7 2018 is sensing a finger whenever it is on its lockscreen. And its keeps saying "Wipe Fingerprint sensor and try again" even when I am not touching it. Please look into this issue and anyone with A7 2018. Please confirm with this issue with me. 
6 Comments
Prathapam
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
it look sensor is not so effective I A70 and A70S. my A70S also facing same problem
va5
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Agree,very poor sensor,doesn't recognize when finger placed sideways,unlike other phones of far lower brand quality.
ketani72
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Samsung has it's issues with the Fingerprint sensor. I am still not entirely happy with the Fingerprint sensor on my S10.
Host
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
not only fingerprint i'm facing problem in connectivity and phone is overheating and hampering all the activities after last security patch update
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy A

Hi there,

Please perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
1-Run the device in Safe mode and reconfigure the fingerprint.

2- Make sure to use the central fingerprint parts evenly when you register or scan fingerprint, so that all portions of fingerprint, including the center and corners have been fully scanned.

3- If issue still persists, create data backup and reset the device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung members app (Open Samsung members app > click on “+“icon > send feedback > Error report/ Ask Questions).

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

EFXOR
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank You for your Reply, But my issue has somehow solved by its self. if I face same issue again I'll follow the steps and update.

Thank You
EFXOR.
0 Likes