Did you mean: 

Original topic:

FORTNITE for Galaxy A10

(Topic created on: 09-03-2020 11:55 PM)
PeppeRoni
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
Why can't we get fortnite on our Samsung Galaxy A10. It runs so smooth on any big game. I feel that it deserves to be allowed.
Some of us cant get a ps4 or PC or Xbox and whatever but we still love the game.
5 Comments
KMMTechSumer
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I think it's the RAM restriction, Fortnite requires 3GB RAM to run on Android and the A10 comes with 2GB RAM
ReezyMane
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
nah even on the A20 it doesn't work and a20 got 3gb
PeppeRoni
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A
yeah read that up but the phone is even better in performance. other phones dont run as smooth in games.
but of course you're right what you say.
0 Likes
KMMTechSumer
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Remember Fortnite requires 3GB, but the system also uses some of the RAM too. So you need more than 3GB for the game run. I have a phone with 12GB RAM and without any apps running the system is already using 3.5GB. now if I launch Fortnite the RAM utilization jumps to almost 8GB. Obviously Android will allocate more RAM to the apps if the device has RAM to spare otherwise some apps will be closed or put to sleep to give RAM to the open apps. Android is really bad in RAM management department, I can run the same game on an iPhone 11 Pro which has just 4GB but iOS is really good in RAM management.
iGirl
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
ah, correction. Fortnite is an extremely high fidelity game that requires a minimum 4GB of RAM and running 64-bit Android on an ARM64 processor.