Original topic:

Dual Messenger Feature-Whatsapp Issues

(Topic created on: 05-19-2019 12:37 AM)
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
After upgrading from Android oreo to pie on A8+ the dual app whatsapp crashes if I try to attach a location map from Google.

This never happened on oreo or nougat. I factory reset the phone but still using the second whatsapp to add and send a location map crashes whatsapp. The map doesn't even load when attaching a location, and already received location maps show the text Google play services is updating as a watermark. What's the problme here?

Has anyone faced the same issue with their dual Sim phones note 8 9 and other variants? Can you please check and let me know. I already tried to factory reset a few times. 
0 Likes
6 Comments
starmoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
which dual app u r using official or third party software bcs official dual app is working without any problem on my s10 plus
0 Likes
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Official Samsung dual app which is built into the os
0 Likes
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Maybe the a8+ particularly has a bug and this wasnt picked up or tested by Samsung at the time of releasing the oreo update last April 2019 how can we inform them here to look into this?
0 Likes
starmoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
okay do this dnt use dual app instead use one in secure folder and one in home check if it works
0 Likes
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I tried it but the steps to open the second whatsapp are too many I have to open secure folder then whatsapp and login to sf before I can use WA is there a way to create a shortcut to whatsapp from inside the secure folder to the main homeaxreen so I don't have to do open sf login and open wa
0 Likes
nocturnal009
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Also how can we report this to Samsung maybe they can release a patch firmware to fix this. Whatsapp was working fine before the pie update it worked on N and O
0 Likes