Original topic:

Complaint about Poor Service I get from Samsung here in Africa Botswana

(Topic created on: 02-25-2021 03:27 PM)
DevinDas
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Good day.
I am writing this, infuriated by the poor quality of your service I am getting from Samsung, here in Botswana, Africa. I cannot get updates on time as compared to other regions of the world, right now my Samsung Galaxy A50 is running a security patch from 1st January, of which I was only able to update it on the 5th of February. Right now I am not getting an update but it seems like other people from other regions are getting updates. The other concern is goodlock I am unable to enjoy benefits of being a Samsung member because I am not getting goodlock services in my region and I so much love Samsung as a brand and a service provider. Then I ask, how do we deal with such? It seems though that there is somewhat disregard and disrespect for us Samsung members and users who cannot get to enjoy those services. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy A

Hi  DevinDas 

Please note that Software updates are region based and once update is available for your device, you will receive notifications. Alternatively you can take the device to the service center for a software update. Goodlock is also not available in the Africa region models. 

https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/service-centre/

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Comments
seumo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
take a chill pill update will come in Botswana in due time
0 Likes
DevinDas
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
lmao... as for you telling me to take a chill pill... foh!
0 Likes
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy A

Hi  DevinDas 

Please note that Software updates are region based and once update is available for your device, you will receive notifications. Alternatively you can take the device to the service center for a software update. Goodlock is also not available in the Africa region models. 

https://www.samsung.com/africa_en/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
francisliyali
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
brother you are not alone ,I have been protesting for the past few months and nothing as been done
Toots1
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Why is Samsung unable to issue worldwide silmutaneous updates like Apple and Google do for their phones?
DevinDas
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It's just so annoying...
0 Likes
Tunes4Life
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
In Africa and Mauritius you have to download Fine Lock and updates are manually done by appk files. I also have a very poor update service in Mauritius as before getting the OneUI 4.0 (Android 12) on 24/02/22 i only had got the December security patch, at the end of January 🤷🏾‍♂, so i can relate to your issues, for sure..
0 Likes