Original topic:

Charging port issues

(Topic created on: 09-26-2020 06:26 PM)
Raul9491
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I have charging port issues since 12th day of purchasing samsung galaxy a71.
I took me 25 days of usage and the charger provided now is not at all charging the device. Been using oneplus charger. Even samsung s9 charger does not charge my device. 
Went to service centre and had multiple calls to there call center. They refusing the device replacement and provided an alternative with charging port replacement.
This is not fare because they have 14 days replacement policy. The phone which has issues in under a month, what is the chance that other parts will not be defective after 6 months of usage. 
Please help me community members to change this policy and get a replacement for defective devices.
0 Likes
12 Comments
Raul9491
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
they said use a 3p charger. what if that destroys the battery in future?
0 Likes
Raul9491
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
please share this ppl. they need to change the policy
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
write detailed email to service head and ceo.
Raise issue via WhatsApp support.
Also check replacement procedure on shop or online store from where you bought this.
Raul9491
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I bought this from an offline store. My biggest mistake. They promised the best out of the device and service. Totally the opposite I witnessed
0 Likes
Raul9491
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Service station has confirmed that the issue is with the device charging port. They are ready to repair it or replace the charging port on the device. My only argument is to get a replacement of complete device because I have used a 3p charger for approx 10 days. Down the line 6 months my battery could start giving issues and they would replace/fix the battery again. It would be better to get a pre owned device in this case. So many issues within 10 odd days of purchase. Simple thing is a device replacement could solve this for all. How hard is for Samsung to understand this.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
how they can say like that bro? the charger has 6 months warranty
Raul9491
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
charger seems to fine bro. Irony is phone is charging with a 3p brand, example- one plus. They are ready to replace parts on a month old device. Note- I've used this with 3p charger on customer support suggestion. Can they assure that battery will not give issues after 6 months ??
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Do one thing , ask service center people to test charging your phone with any other same 25W charger. OR ask any of your friend,neighbour,relative if they have that same 25W charger, this will make things clear whether issue is with phone or charger.
If you can demonstrate that your A71 has problem with supplied charger then you can definitely ask for replacement.
But if replacement is not possible then get it repaired at least.
Raul9491
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Service station has confirmed that the issue is with the device charging port. They are ready to repair it or replace the charging port on the device. My only argument is to get a replacement of complete device because I have used a 3p charger for approx 10 days. Down the line 6 months my battery could start giving issues and they would replace/fix the battery again. It would be better to get a pre owned device in this case. So many issues within 10 odd days of purchase. Simple thing is a device replacement could solve this for all. How hard is for Samsung to understand this.
0 Likes