Original topic:

Charging Issues In Galaxy A5 2017

(Topic created on: 08-26-2017 11:56 AM)
Charlie
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
Dear Samsung,

I have a issue with my smart phone samsung galaxy A5 2017. The problem is only the fast charging with handset. Charging perfect till 45 minute but after that it stuck charging and sometime slow charging. It happens after 70% charge, sometime after 80%.(mean random percentage between 70 to 80). It took 2 to 3 hour for full charge. And sometime it charge perfectly in just 90 minute but when its reach 99% its automatically drain to 93% and stuck charging.(its show charging status but stuck).

I have changed charging adapter and cable

I have checked with three brand new samsung original charger and cable.

I use different power socket.

Reset the whole device and charge device in power off.

But nothing happen, something is wrong in my galaxy a5 2017. Please help me out of this.

0 Likes
7 Comments
Charlie
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
i was find same issue in lot of people

they people are suffering same issue
0 Likes
Charlie
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
please solve this issue quickly otherwise i will forward this issue in social media facebook Twitter WhatsApp, etc
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Thanks for being with Samsung and for sharing your concern. As we know during wireless charging or fast charging, the device may feel hotter and this is normal range of operation which does not affect the device’s lifespan/ performance. If the battery temperature goes beyond specified limit, the charger may stop charging the device and start charging again once temperature goes down up to the normal temperature (e.g. 36ºC) and this is only a precautionary action for customer safety. This mode is called as “Swelling Prevention Mode”

Swelling Prevention Mode:
Swelling prevention mode is triggered due to the high temperature. If the phone temperature rises beyond certain limit, the maximum charging voltage is limited to 4.15V which is equivalent to 70~80% (± 5%) of battery level. This operation is disabled and start charging again once temperature goes down up to the normal temperature (e.g. 36ºC).
0 Likes
prakashss
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
valuable information, tq
0 Likes
Charlie
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
but my device never hot then why is this?
0 Likes
uzairpandith
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
My device never gets hot, still it gets stuck at 90% (sometimes 80/ 85; range is 80-90%)
0 Likes
Ânkiț
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
my mobile temperature too high
0 Likes