Original topic:

Can't uninstall apps on A5 2017

(Topic created on: 09-15-2017 09:51 AM)
myandroid
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
After Nougat update I can't uninstall apps. If I press and hold an app icon, it only allows me to move it to the home screen but no uninstall option. Strange! And in the home screen it only allows me to move the icon around. No 'remove from home screen' option. Strange Strange! Am I doing something wrong or did Samsung forget to put it there? All these months later Samsung gave me a half cooked software. 😕
5 Comments
ArtGrapher
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
search this in settings "unknown sources " then turn it on
0 Likes
myandroid
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I wasn't talking about installing apps, I was talking about uninstalling them. I can't uninstall apps from app drawer anymore. Previously, if I held down an app icon in app drawer, the word 'uninstall' came up in the top left corner of the screen and I could uninstall the app by dragging the icon there. That doesn't happen anymore. Same in the home screen. Nothing happens if I press and hold an app icon. 🙁
0 Likes
ArtGrapher
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Ok I got it , still you have a way you can uninstall them from settings
0 Likes
jmcynd
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Some apps (especially preloaded) cannot be uninstalled, but you can disable them by tap and holding them.
0 Likes
Kanaan
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
any action that you can do by tap and hold, you can do it from settings. tap and hold is just a shortcut.
0 Likes