Original topic:

Camera photos clarity issue in Galaxy A50

(Topic created on: 10-20-2019 03:40 PM)
MoinPathan
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I think there is a issue in camera software. Bcuz whenever I capture the photo in normal "[3:4]" ratio, i captures very good detailed photos. But when I change the ratio to "[3:4H] (25MP)" ratio, it captures blurry photos. The [3:4H] (25MP) supposed to capture more crisp photos than normal [3:4] ratio bcuz [3:4H] (25MP) photos has 5760×4312 of resolution and normal [3:4] have 4032×3024 of resolution. I am attaching images for developers for referencing. Hope this issue will get resolved in future updates.

Thank you.
MoinPathan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I think auto-HDR option is off on 25MP shots.
0 Likes
Soumojit10
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
1st photo is 24 MP resolution, 2nd photo is 12 MP resolution.. Auto HDR was on in both the photos.. you can clearly see the details on the 1st one is more than the 2nd one which is quite obvious...Images are taken from A7 2018 running on 3rd One Ui Beta
0 Likes
MoinPathan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Photos are compressed on this. Can you share full resolution images of these?
BorisMitov
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A

Absolutely the same experience here. Yes the 25mp photos are not getting HDR but that is not the only reason for thebad quality. I have noticed that whenever the light on part of the image is not good enough there is some attempt on a software edit on that part that smeems as some kind of bad de-noise or other "effect" like frequency separation, that makes the image looks blurry with lack of details. I can see more details in the preview of the veiwfinder that on the photo that is taken after that!

For backing up my statements I work as a photo retocher for the last 13 years and I know what i am talking about. The problem is strictly software/postprocessing related and not just that the sensor is not capable of.

0 Likes
GaoGao
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I agree, it really looks like a software issue. It is not (only) compression, it is as bad with HEIC as with JPG, it is something weird is the postpressing. I am quite surprise considering today importance of the camera quality in purchase decision. I hope they will correct this soon.

FireStarJutsu
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A

I have the exact same issue! I don't know why there aren't many people talking a out this! The 12 mp photos are really nice, but why are the 25mp photos so blurry? And the issue has yet to be fixed 😭

jadebelle
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Ikr. Like what the hell. I just got my phone today and had high hopes for the camera. I was showing it off to a friend and the photos sucked! His 10 yr old samsung took better photos. Now i know its not just me i'll send off some feedback. They better have a fix.

luvtoamuse
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

same here, this is a major disappointment. I use my old phone to take pictures. Why bother advertising 25mp?

0 Likes
Encore
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Even I'm facing the same issue folks. Hope they'll fix it soon
0 Likes
Mullinge
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same here. Its not a display issue because I downloaded to a desktop with graphics quality monitor and detail still looks terrible in all modes. I have done side-by-side pic comparisons with my old Galaxy S5 (2015 technology?) and get better results EVERY TIME with the old Galaxy S5. VERY disappointing to have this problem with a most important feature on an otherwise nice cell phone.

0 Likes