Original topic:

Camera bug ( Front video not stabilized while recording in HDR)

(Topic created on: 09-19-2021 09:49 PM)
ZiadA72User
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
The Galaxy A72's front camera has an issue regarding video stabilization. 
While recording the front video in HDR, sometimes the stabilization works and mostly the stabilization doesn't work. My phone's software is up-to-date.

I've tried clearing the cache data from Camera app but the problem doesn't seems to be going away.

I've tried putting my phone in Safe mode, it helped but temporarily. Everytime I changed the video recording resolution to HD on "rear" camera and switched to front camera the stabilization on the front camera (HDR video) went off. Then again I had to change the video recording resolution of "rear" camera to UHD and then again switched to front camera so as to get a stabilized (HDR) video from the front camera.

What are your thoughts on it ?
11 Comments
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Is video crops when you turn on stabilization on front?
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
On A52 it crops video when stabilization is on.
HDR recording requires full sensor (more light).
So we can only use either of those.
ZiadA72User
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
But while recording in HDR (front camera) it works on my A72. It depends on my phone's mood whether it initiates stabilization or not.
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
I haven't recorded any vido on front cam. When I checked, if i turn on HDR for front video recording , I won't be able to turn on stabilization.
May be your device support both at sametime. If it is the case you better give error report via get help.
ZiadA72User
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I already did.
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It may also depends on lighting condition.
ZiadA72User
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
And now I'm not getting any video stabilization on front camera video recording whether it's recording in HDR or not.
0 Likes
ZiadA72User
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yes the video gets cropped
0 Likes
raju-83
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Front Video quality and Low light selfie are very poor in A72 compared to other mid range phones. There is a lack of Resolution in low light. As a result Video call quality is also poor.