Original topic:

Broken glass

(Topic created on: 06-17-2021 07:10 PM)
Luna96
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Dropped my phone & now I have a cracked screen. The display works fine. Fingerprint is still working. Should I get the glass replaced in a local store? Cuz If I went to the Samsung store, they would tell me to change the whole display & it costs a lot. Btw I have got my display replaced too in a Samsung store when it discolored & went blac a few months back. 

Model : Galaxy A70

10 Comments
hemantkapil
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
It's better to get it replaced from the Samsung Service Centre only as your proximity & brightness sensor won't get affected.
0 Likes
Luna96
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
U think changing the glass will affect these sensors too?
0 Likes
SwadeshJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Replace glass from only Samsung service centre not from any other shop.
0 Likes
Luna96
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
But they would change the entire display which has been done before a few months ago. If service center offered me only glass replacement I would go for it.
0 Likes
Akshit97
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I don't believe there is such case. My 4 year old A7(2016) was repaired by changing the whole folder because apparently glass and display are embedded together. Correct me if I am wrong.

PS - I would still recommend samsung service center if you gonna be using the same phone for long time.
0 Likes
Luna96
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Problem is I got the A70 back in aug 2019 for 28,990 & then the display died on its own just when it completed a year in aug 2020. So I paid almost 7500 for a new original display replacement. Now again the glass is cracked. I have no patience to spend any more money on this stupid **bleep** phone. I'm so sick of it. I'm trying to tell them how the display is fine & they only need to change the glass but they denied.
0 Likes
Akshit97
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
If that's the case and you don't wanna spend alot of money then please go visit a local store but choose a good one atleast.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you to kindly visit the service center for your device repair. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
859_Warrior
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Didn't you put a screen guard?
0 Likes