Original topic:

Broken Pin

(Topic created on: 06-17-2021 09:50 PM)
kevin-is-done
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I DID NOT forget my PIN number. I have a Galaxy A51 5G, before that I had a Motorola Z4. I have had the same PIN number for the over three years I have been using android phones. Suddenly, my PIN is being rejected. I cannot go into my phone's settings without my PIN, I cannot power off my phone with my PIN, nor can I do a factory reset without it asking for my PIN. If I enter my PIN and it doesn't accept one more time, the phone will wipe itself. 

I SHOULD NOT have to do a factory reset anyways, especially when this complaint has come up dozens of times around the internet and no measures have been taken from Samsung to fix this. 

I want to get back into my phone without having to erase everything that is on it. It is absolutely ludicrous that a multi-billion dollar company would get away with such lazy design and treating customers THIS shittily. If the only response is: 

"The factory reset is the only way to bypass the PIN, sorry : (" Like I've seen you reply to others with the same problem. I want an actual answer. I want some advice. Do you jobs for Christ's sake. 

0 Likes
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
If you had enabled find my mobile and remote unlock then you can unlock your device by going to findmymobile.samsung.comclipboard_image_1623946030818_1623946030818.jpg
Akshit97
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
That's what i did. Really useful feature. If it's turned off nothing left but to hard reset your phone or so I have read on reddit
kevin-is-done
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I tried it and my phone is not registered on the Find My Mobile. I've never lost my phone so I didn't think it was necessary. Thank you, though, for actually providing me with an option. Samsung Employees take notes

Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Honestly man, I have never heard about this issue. Like never. You can try one thing. Press and hold both power and volume down button to force restart your device and check.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes