Original topic:

Battery life on A5 2017

(Topic created on: 09-14-2018 02:52 PM)
AV8R
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I recently updated my Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 to the latest version. Along with the software update was the August security patch, and a few bug fixes. However, after I updated, battery life as decreased significantly. Before the update, I would have about 5 to 7 hours of screen on time, but after the update, I would get about 3 to 4.5 hours of screen on time. Anybody know how to fux the issue? I am thinking of updating all of my apps to the katest version in hopes it would work. Anybody else have any other tips?

Version: Android 8.0
0 Likes
16 Comments
RobertoA52017
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
U can always downgrade to latest Android 7.0 & enjoy longer battery life. Oreo is NOT optimized for battery usage. After dowgrade you can't install montly security update because you need Oreo (8.0) for the regular monthly update.
So you have to choose:
1 keep Oreo (8.0) & short battery life & regular monthly security updates. Or
2 downgrade to Nougat (7.0) longer battery life because battery usage is optimized but no monthly security updates.
0 Likes
AV8R
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Nonono. The version before I updated was the first Oreo update, with the June security patch. That was fine, that was the version I had very good battery life. But I updated to the latest with the August security patch, this is the update after the first, and now battery life was very bad.
0 Likes
Afiq
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
you are wrong. Oreo is optimized
0 Likes
RobertoA52017
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
On my A5 2017 patch for June & later for August is the same for battery life ~ 12 hours, but before update to Oreo on Nougat battery life is almost 2 days.
0 Likes
AV8R
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Is that the estimated battery life calculated from Device Maintenance or the actual screen on time usage on a single charge?
0 Likes
RobertoA52017
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
On a single standard charge (not quick charge) almost 2 days.
Battery option under device maintenance shows more than 2 days.
0 Likes
AV8R
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
So it's the estimated? What I am more interested in is the actual screen on time usage on a full charge down to about 30% or 20%, not the estimated battery life determined by Device Maintenance.
0 Likes
RobertoA52017
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
It's NOT estimated battery life from device maintenance, it's based from real time usage like browsing the internet by wireless connection 5-6 or more hours, sending 20-25 sms, 2 hours or more talking combine together. All this give almost 2 day (45 hours) battery life on Android (7.0) Nougat.
Note: my battery health condition is 100%
0 Likes
AV8R
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
So what you're saying is that your actual screen on time usage is 45 hours?
0 Likes