Original topic:

Anyone has a Galaxy A series (especially A71/A72?) frontal camera question PLEASE

(Topic created on: 03-30-2021 12:44 PM)
Danielthesea
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I recently got a Galaxy A72 (which is very similar to the A71 so if you have an A71 answer anyway please).

I work for a contact lenses company and for work I take close shots of my eyes, I would do this with my old phone which was a galaxy S9 and the pictures taken with the frontal camera would be extremely sharp, you could see every eyebrow and eye lash, great selfie quality for close shots.

I tried to do the same with my A72 and the close shots with the selfie camera are extremely blurry.

I mainly want to know if this happens to all of you and I will have to learn how to take them with the rear camera (which will be a lot more complicated), or as a Samsung "Expert" suggested I need to factory reset my phone and send it to repair haha. Im almost certain it's the phone camera not being as good, but now this Samsung guy made me doubt if I got a defective phone.

Thanks to anyone that can help!!

8 Comments
Galaxy A
It's not defective. It's because of pixel binned selfie camera.

All pixel binned selfie cameras have this issue.
Whether A51, A71 or S10 Lite.
Danielthesea
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Hi, thanks for your input.

Are you sure its because of pixel binnining and not because it lacks of Auto Focus like my old S9 has?

0 Likes
Sand25
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Try using full resolution mode..
0 Likes
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
S9 has the true mp camera and nowadays most of the cameras are with pixel binning technology. The phone's which have more than 16 mp camera they are using pixel binning technology to capture more light hence the object distance become greater to capture sharp photos. So, its not camera defect it is just a disabvantage of pixel binning technology.
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
You can use rare telephoto camera or ultrawide camera for closeup shots. It will take time but you will get practiced over time.
0 Likes
Danielthesea
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

has it nothing to do with the S9 having auto focus selfie camera and the A72 fixed focus? it's crazy how much better the selfie camera on the s9 is, you can see every little detail of a close shot taken with the selfie cam. Whereas trying to take a close shot with the a71 and its extremely blurry completely out of focus. Only takes decent pics with arm distance at least

0 Likes
Swapnava
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Yeah I have A71 and I am happy with it as there is not that much difference between A71 and A72 😄
0 Likes
Danielthesea
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

thanks for your responses guys! very much appreciated, please check my replies, thanks again 

0 Likes