Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Android 13 - Battery backup reduced significantly - A52s5g

(Topic created on: 01-14-2023 09:41 AM)
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
On Android 12, September patch, I was getting 7 hours minimum SOT from 100 to 20 percent. After Android 13(December security patch), it has been reduced to 5 hours.

That's a drastic reduction of 2 freaking hours of screen on time!!
I already knew that they messed up the battery after the December update but never thought that it will be this worse!

Yes, I did send them feedback and error reports and received the mandatory copy-pasted BS reply. 

Hoping to get the January update soon which MAY fix the issue. TBH I have lost faith in Samsung and wouldn't have updated if not for the 5g. Everything was smooth on Android 12, especially the battery life. A 2-hour plus reduction is not acceptable.

Nb: The reduction in battery life is happening when I am not on 5g. At this rate, I am afraid that the phone will have to be used as a landphone(full-time on charger)when I am on 5g.

Android 13 - 100 to 20 percent

Android 12 - 85 to 20 percent

Android 12 - 85 to 20 percent

Nb: THE ANDROID 12 ONES ARE FROM 85 TO 20 WHILE THE ANDROID 13 ONE IS FROM 100 TO 20.
55 Comments
Solution
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Samsung is forcing users to either buy flagship of >70k or switch to other brands. Even xiaomi realme phones have much better battery life.
I used to charge my redmi note 9 pro max once in 2 days..
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Right bro..my 3 year old redmi note 5 pro used to give 7-8 hours of SOT!!
Solution
Galaxy A
It seems that I'm the only one, who has found it to be same with android 12. Of course, my use is different than most here. I use in Power saving mode all the time, bluetooth and GPS off till they are needed and then turned off again. I have noticed that battery do drain faster with continuous use, on standby I have noticed it to be very much like in previous android 12.
Recalibration of battery after major os upgrade, prudent and conservative use of performance mode as well as bluetooth and GPS, efficient use of routines, use of app tracker protection may prolong the battery backup. Of course, not all will agree of such use because of their use case so battery backup will always be different for everyone of us.Screenshot_20230104_150606_Device care_1000021582_1672824966.jpg
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yup, 7 hours over 2 days, from 85 is actually very good. And you are right, I don't want to use it in power saving mode and I use BT tws a lot. Gps is turned off while not using map or exercising in my case too.
pd_06
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I haven't used power saving till date. Infact I used to get such battery on Android 12 without enabling Power saving mode
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Perhaps you have adaptive battery option enabled which is by default enabled as per my knowledge and automatically switch on power saving mode based on your phone usages.
0 Likes
pd_06
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Nope.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Than your battery life is exceptional.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Yaa I use my device in power saving mode too at all times
0 Likes