Original topic:

An experience of Samsung Support

(Topic created on: 12-04-2019 11:01 AM)
MoreOfaShutterbug
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
Hello members, 
This post is about the experience of mine with Samsung Support and its service centers.
I brought a Galaxy A50 after a lot of evaluation and checking out many reviews about it on 8th July 2019 from 3G Mobile World at Kozhikode.Initially,my experiences were really positive.But after like 3 months or so,on a random day,I plugged my phone to charge.I was using the genuine Samsung adapter and the cable.My phone took about 3 hours and 20 minutes to charge completely.I was surprised...After all,I also chose this device due to its Fast Charging feature too...
Anyways,after performing a Soft reset as said by the Samsung support team,the Charging time decreased to 2 hours 30ish minutes.I was not satisfied with that.So I checked online about it and any users had a video like Samsung's 15 watt charger is actually **bleep** as it only charges at 10 watts.I was shocked with that fact.I was extremely disappointed and dejected.So,I decided to visit the Samsung service center here at Kozhikode.Now for your information, there are 2 service centers here at Kozhikode-Puthiyara and Nadakkavu.At first,I visited the one at Nadakkavu.After going there,I was determined to sell of my phone immediately due to their lukewarm responses.They were of the opinion that 2 and half hours to completely charge is completely normal and they disregarded the issue of screen showing a Charging symbol on being switched on after it has been switched off. Then I decided to visit the service center at Puthiyara and they were excellent.They checked the Charging power and I was astonished to see that my phone drew only a meagre power of 5 watts.They said changing the Charging board might solve the issue and changed it.I'm attaching its pic for kicks and giggles🤭🤭🤭🤭

But the issue wasn't still solved and they referred the matter to their superiors😱😱😱Then they understood the bigger problem....The IC of the motherboard was damaged😥😥😥😥They changed the whole motherboard too,as shown below:

And afterwards,I received a call from them,saying that all my issues have been resolved....I went with my charger and checked the power drawn by my phone...It showed 9 volts and 1.5 amps😍😍😍😍
The Charging symbol issue also disappeared....
At last,all my issues were resolved and my belief in Samsung strengthened ten folds....
(P.S:Now my phone takes 1 hour 45 minutes to charge,which I'm satisfied with 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗)
You know what,there is a reason why Samsung was relevant in India even they released utterly incompetent phones till 2018...It was Brand power and brand value....Well,All I can say is thanks to competing manufacturers like Vivo,Oppo,Xiaomi, Realme etc....as Samsung has shown that it can take the fight back to them,and we as customers have immensely benefited from it.....
8 Comments
Galaxy A
great post @moreofashutterbug.
Galaxy A
Thank you 🤗🤗🤗
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Samsung does have best after sales support I would say.
venkat0826
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
brother i was also facing the issue
i visited customer service center for 6 tyms for this issue
but it was unsolved
wht should i doo for this same problem??
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
Complain on Twitter.
Galaxy A
Where do you live,bruv?
Galaxy A
You can e-mail the CEO.The link is there in Samsung India's website.
Gurmeet1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
it depends on the workers.Some r supporting and some r rudes and has less knowledge.Its not a fault of samsung