Original topic:

About A50 Update

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 08:13 PM)
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy A
Every one was asking about the jan security patch for Galaxy a50 but I have say that the A50 user will not get January security patch update because the Indian developer are testing the Android 10 it's under beta 7 so stay tuned for the android 10 update in the month of feb last week or in march 1st week with feb security patch update. 

So pls stay tune for the update guys and be excited....
Dileepsalian
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
ya true
0 Likes
Galaxy A
which app bro?
0 Likes
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
checkfirm
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
hopefully

(im not A50 user)
0 Likes
Sarthak07
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I think, A50 will no longer receive monthly updates.

Android 10 is coming for sure, but I think, it will now received quarterly updates only.
0 Likes
sreevijay
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
no it will be receiving the updates
0 Likes
ArvindFluidic
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
@Sarthak07 Dont spread any unofficial, unconfirmed information here about any devices..
0 Likes
Sarthak07
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
@ArvindFluidic
Didn't you read, I have started my statement with 'I think'
This is my personal opinion and there's nothing wrong in it.
A50 was once listed in 'Quarterly Updates' and Android 10 is also coming (tentative month April)
0 Likes
ArvindFluidic
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
yeah, A50 was once listed under quarterly updates.. But as per Google's Android update policy, any smartphone which is the highest selling in the world should receive monthly security updates.. As you may already know, A50 was the 3rd highest selling smartphone in the entire world in 2019.. That's the reason, Samsung changed the A50 from quarterly update to monthly update.. And within 3-4 months, they cannot revert back to quarterly update for A50.. So, the A50 will continue to get the monthly security update, even after the Android 10 release. (The skip of January security update is due to the full fledged development of the Android 10 for A50) and its expected to come before the tentative April month..
0 Likes
ArvindFluidic
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Where's the information that its currently in Beta 7 of testing Android 10 for A50...?
0 Likes