Original topic:

A71 doesn't charge from working Samsung fast charger

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 12:33 PM)
CarlosAutonomous
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
My A71 has stopped super fast charging (and any other kind of charging) when I use the charger it came with after just 1 month! It seems to be a compatibility issue between the phone and charger and not that the charger is broken. 

Note the following:

- the charger works in other phones so is not broken
- my phone charges using other brand chargers, although that means no fast charging 
- fast charging is enabled and I have tried disabling and re-enabling

None of the following work or have fixed the issue:

- hard reboot
- clearing system cache
- booting in safe mode
- charging when powered down

45 Comments
Galaxy A
I should also mention that:

- I've tried another working samsung fast charger and it also didn't work
- the cable itself doesn't work when plugged in to the USB c port of my laptop
- when i plug in a USB cable (any type) I get an "unsupported device. usb device not supported" system message.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Have you tried changing the USB cable on the same charger ?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
not yet as I don't currently have another usb-c to usb-c to hand
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Try visiting service center to check with another USB cable for compatibility, if it's in warranty you will get your USB cable/ or charger of your device replaced.

Sometimes faulty cable can result to arise these issues .
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Your charger is having problem. I suppose your charger is charging A71 but not superfast charging?
Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
No, it is not charging at all. no super fast, fast or normal charging. The exact same charger does however work on my friends phone so the cable is working.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
If your mobile is charging with another charger then there might be charging port problem.
Visit service center. And explain the issue. They will replace the charging port.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support5
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

VISHAL3394
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
bro i am facing same issue from yesterday and if you know the solution please text me on whatsapp 7985668362
0 Likes