Original topic:

A71 April Update

(Topic created on: 05-15-2021 11:09 AM)
DarshanChatterjee
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
This is a review based on my experience with April security patch update in A71. I'll divide them into pros and cons.

Pros:
1. Battery backup has increased a lot. Earlier it was giving about 6-7 hours and Now I'm getting 8-9 hours in my usage. 
2. Wifi ranges has increased a lot. 
3. Network speed on cellular data is quite a bit improved. 
4. Camera is normal like before. 
5. Charging speed has increased. Let me explain: After One ui 3.1 update it decreased to 1 hours 35 minutes with fast charging to charge from 15 to 100. But now it's taking time like earlier it used to take. 1 hour 22 minutes. 
6. Booting time has decreased. I mean it boots up early than before. 

Cons:
1. Some apps are misbehaving. 
2. I was unable to get whatsapp notifications. (Now I have no whatsapp though) 
3. Earlier Amazon prime video used to play on a mini window which is not working now. 
4. In case hotstar too. But sometimes it can be played in a mini window.
5. Touch response somehow decreased. 
6. Fingerprint scanner animation sometime disappears and the lock sign comes up. Too often. Earlier it happens when I put several times wrong Fingerprint or just after rebooting the device. 

As of now that's all I can say. Anything else I missed? 👇
5 Comments
Pavandivvela
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Issue with Hotstart and Amazon prime I too faced and for me GTA SA it is misbehaving touch response I too feel a bit decreased and I didn't tht finger print issue
Galaxy A
The real touch test app is coming. 😜 If you play that please let know how much it's misbehaving.
SRatnam01
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Serious software issue detected showing every 4 hours or when rebooting the device. Wallpaper services is not working in lock screen. Wifi configuration reset.
These problems are not only mine. Many members are having the same problem after the update.
I have downloaded the software using high speed wifi, so, there is no chance of download related problem.
Galaxy A
Yeah. I saw it. Many of A71 users having this problem. Don't know how.
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome your suggestion and we appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments. This will help us to improve our services.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes