Original topic:

A70 update issues

(Topic created on: 05-07-2020 07:47 PM)
SRi16v
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

So, my A70 has updated to Android 10 and One UI 2.0 but I'm experiencing a couple of annoying bugs that I haven't seen reported elsewhere.

Previously I was able to swipe up or down on the home screen to access my app drawer. However, since the update, this feature no longer works, and I've had to add the button on the shome screen as the only way to access my apps. The wife has an S10e, updated to the same, but her phone still has this feature.

Also since the update, my phone keeps silencing my notification and system volume, and reducing my ringer volume to almost nothing. Its not usually turned up much anyway, but it means I keep missing work emails & messages. When I realise it's happened, I'll turn the volume up again, but it's happening 3 or 4 times a day. The volume buttons are set to adjust media volume by default, and the profile is set to normal (not vibrate or silent) and the so not disturb feature isn't active. 

Anyone able to help is getting these bugs fixed? I've tried contacting Samsung, but Ive had no response from them after a month. 

9 Comments
HarmanSandhu
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
yes i am also facing these kind of issues in my Galaxy A50. and hope so that Samsung should fix these issues soon in the next update
0 Likes
1sumit
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
when u get these update
0 Likes
SRi16v
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Sometime in March. Can't remember exactly when. 

rt16
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
for your first problem
go on home screen setting and deselect/select the following
0 Likes
SRi16v
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Unfortunately that hasn't made any difference. I could still access the notification panel by swiping down from the top of the screen, but the screen just freezes if I swipe down from anywhere else to try to get into the app drawer. 

0 Likes
Galaxy A
I have A70 and thankfully I'm not facing any of these issues. Received the update on the 2nd of April.what's your battery charging status though?Also do you have Good Lock installed? One UI Home in my phone was facing some freezing issues after I downloaded the app.It's gone now after I uninstalled.
0 Likes
SRi16v
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Battery life is no different and I don't have overheating problems. These issues that I have are the only ones I've had since the update.

I don't have good lock installed. 

0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device

1. Home Screen>> App drawer>> Click on 3 dots>> Find search>> home screen settings>> app button disable

2.Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.

Enter safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon.

Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem

Kindly attach the log file and send it to us in the Samsung member application (attach when the issue occurs within first 15 minutes of the occurrence of the issue.):-
Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
SRi16v
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Thanks for the reply.

This has not fixed the problem so I have sent an error report.

0 Likes