Original topic:

A70 Update has made handset unusable

(Topic created on: 05-21-2020 04:43 PM)
crimbo79
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

So the a70 ui update finally arrives and it has made my work handset basicaly pointless. Great time to release an unstable update Samsung, during a global pandemic where people are relying more and more on their tech.

Issues

Any info I had in samsung notes are now impossible to open which is fantastic as I am working from home during the pandemic and now cant do 80% of my work. Are Samsung going to

Audio quality has gone from ok to sounding like someone has replaced my speaker with a sound box from a birthday card.

Cant open the upday news or anything on the swipe right.

The keyboard has become so unresponsive it takes 3 times as long to type anything and when you have finished you find a typo atleast in every line of text.

Many of my most regularly used apps take minutes rather than seconds to open.

Battery life has plumeted, being that i use my handset for work and am a heavy data user i have gone from about 10-11 hrs per charge to 6 if im lucky. **just to add that when i charged lastnight it didnt even reach fully charged in 6hrs and when i started writing this i had 45% and 30% when i finished, half screen brightness**

Charging time using the fast charge has become longer than the old ui charging on a std charger.

I found the fingerprint sensor aweful from the start so turned it off so havent had that issue like pretty much everyone else.

Trying to link things through my wifi hotspot has become pointless as even though I know i have a fast data connection my surface pro feels like its running on a dialup modem.

As a quick experiment I have done this on my A70 to show how bad it is, it has taken almost 30mins to type this as the keybord has become so laggy and error prone.

I knew deep down I should have stayed with Huawei when i went back to Samsung after 7yrs, there is a reason they are catching Samsung up but im not sure if its they are getting much better or Samsung are getting much, much worse!!!!

5 Comments
Galaxy A
try to downgrade your android 10 to android 9.
0 Likes
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Which country?
0 Likes
Ariun96
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
bro they always make us fool..

samsung you are worst...and i promise u that this on is going to my last samsung product....i promise
0 Likes
Ryan3112003
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
yup buddy this **bleep** company is fooling us boycott samsung products
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apolozise for your inconvenience. Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device hanging issue:  https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/how-to-restart-the-device-when-freezed-or-hanged/

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes