Original topic:

A7 2017 Internet Slowness and Battery draining issue after october update 2019

(Topic created on: 02-16-2020 01:35 PM)
JagSh002
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
Hello, 

My name is shrikant jagdale from pune. I am using A7 2017 handset and after updating october security patch update, I am facing internet slowness as well as battery draining issue. I just wanted to know that how many users are facing the same issue for the same handset and same update. Please provide me your inputs on this message so that I will highlight this issue to samsung head office delhi. You can also provide your contact number.

Regards,
Shrikant Jagdale

9 Comments
Galaxy A
please hide your personal information (here you given your number) and for your issue i am using the same but a little internet issue is raised no any battery issue so battery life is not a software issue probably your battery is getting old go to nearest service center and change the battery.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support4
Options
Galaxy A

Hi there,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To resolve the battery issue please follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the given link: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

Kindly follow the mentioned steps to resolve the network issue in your device.

1) Check Network mode and set it to Auto Connect. (Settings > Connections> Mobile Network> Network mode> Select LTE/3G/2G auto connect).

2) Search for the Network Manually via following path (Menu> Settings> Connections>More Networks> Mobile Networks> Network Operators> Select Manual Search).

3) Perform the reset network setting (Go to the settings>>general management>>reset>>reset network settings).

4) If still issue persists then we would suggest you to contact your service provider.

For further assistance, kindly visit the nearby Samsung service center for the physical inspection of the device. The address details of Samsung Service Centers are available at our website. Please click on the link mentioned below to get more information:

http://www.samsung.com/in/support/servicelocation/

Regards,

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
JagSh002
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
when will you provide us solution?
0 Likes
JagSh002
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I have already done all troubleshooting steps and also visited the service center. as per their opinion, there is no issue in the handset. when will you provide next security patch update?
0 Likes
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
regarding your issue and many other can also read this. what i always do and will always do after every update what i am focus is that after the update i switch off my phone completely. then i press home key + volume up key+ power key together. after this ones i get the screen light up i realease it ones i get the blue page of the system where it takes me inside the main frame. here i use volume down key untill i reach wipe cache then ones in am here i press the power button to confirm as enter then again i get another page yes or no for wipe cache then i use again volume down key to take it to yes then i press power key to confirm as enter. then it wipes the cache and then i get another main page where it is written restart the phone i press power key again and wallaha my system restarts as normal and all good. even battery and everything is normal. i am happy with a smile. well seriously it will be very difficult for us samsung a7 2017 users to part away with this phone. this phone is so dam good that i dont feel like buying a new phone. what do u all have to say.
0 Likes
JagSh002
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I have already done that process. but problem is still not resolved.
0 Likes
JagSh002
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
samsung. please solve the problem
0 Likes
Samsung_BhJ3pLa
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Dear,

i was facing the same problem update can fix this but I only could update my phone using Smart Switch on my 

install it connect your phone and let the application update the software and your problem will be solved
best regards....

Ahmad Arbash 

0 Likes
JagSh002
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Hello Ahmed,

I am facing this issue since Oct 2019 and still facing the same issue. I have already done all troubleshooting steps including yours as well but the problem is still not resolved. When I connected my phone to wifi network, internet works absolutely fine but sim card internet is not working. samsung service center suggested me to change the motherboard which cost Rs.8400 with one month warranty because of moisture issue. Now you told me friend, what is the logic to spend that much higher amount, instead I will prefer to buy new smartphone, but definitely not samsung.
0 Likes