Original topic:

A52s5g - One ui 4.1 update review (Long one)

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 05:07 AM)
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
So I finally updated to Android 12 after waiting for 2 months. I used smart switch app for doing so because I had 5 updates in pending(I didn't update after November patch. Smart switch app took only two updates to take my phone directly from one ui 3.1(android 11,November patch) to One ui 4.1(A12,march security patch). Then I cleared cache partition as well.

Now my review of update - No suspense here,there are NO drawbacks,stutters or bugs as of now. Don't know whether it's so because I updated using smart switch method.

Battery life - More or less the same. Still getting 8 hours of SOT from 100 to 10 percent. Hoping that it will improve further after some charging cycles. This back up is after the first charging to 100 after update,which is very impressive. Over night battery drain was ZERO. I went to sleep when the phone was at 75 percent and after 7 hours it was still at 75 (nb- data,wifi,blutooth and location was turned off).

Photography - It was my biggest concern. But,guess what,there is no noticeable change either positive or negative. However,I did notice a slight reduction in saturation. Some colours look a little washed out compared to previous version. But then earlier it was slightly over saturated. People love saturated / contrasty pics. So just go to gallery and click on auto edit. Kaboom,it's social media worthy.

Videography - believe me,its much better compared to 3.1. Less stutters/jitters with good same stability in 4k 30 fps. I didn't try 1080p 60 fps though.

What I don't like about the update: Still no 30 sec shutter speed in pro mode, no camera icon in notification like the mic one, the 24hr time lapse edit thing is not showing for me in the gallery. 

Summary : A very good update which I don't regret doing. However,except for some features,I don't think that the Android 12 is a big deal as hyped by all. I mean people are dying for it. I don't get the why behind this hype.

Battery stat attached - 9 hours of SOT.

love4chat
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Usually after big OS updates like android 11 to 12,a reset is recommended for better OS optimizations

And future updates will optimize it more
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Oh that's not good. Try using Smart switch app next time for update.
Ab_Heartsy
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
What was the size of OS update.via smart switch? How many GB?
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
6gb per update. Total 12 gb for 2 updates.
love4chat
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
You r getting amazing battery life as U clean update it
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yup..also wiped cache partition.
kitty_cat
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Wow. Nicely listed the pros and cons. 👍🏻