Original topic:

A52s wifi speed is very slow, new phone

(Topic created on: 11-25-2021 11:10 PM)
Abhijitmh
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
A52s wifi speed is somehow limited to 30-40 Mbps whereas other laptops and older mobiles (S8+ and Nokia 8.1) works fine.
It's new phone delivered by Samsung eShop India today.
I have tried reset, safe mode, deleting and adding network but nothing works.
Even tried by keeping phone within 1 feet of router.

Samsung policy says and even if phone is faulty you have to visit service center to get Dead arrival certificates and then refund will be initiated.
Spent hours on Text chat with Samsung executives, remote diagnostic by Samsung technicians, e store executives to no use.
I have always used Samsung phones for last 18 years including three flagship but never expected poor service from them.

I guess they are competing with cheap brands in India by degrading service and cheap tactics 
14 Comments
kaura
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Reason to this is a52s only connects to 20 mhz in wifi when you connect to 2.4 or 5ghz network in wifi.samsung limits speed in mid range phones with cheap wifi chips.you can even check a brand new a52s in their showroom .no solution to this problem its permanent only way to this problem is to update wifi driver to 40 mhz as a52s works on siso not on mimo wifi
iamsatish
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Apart from not getting November's security patch in Samsung A52s 5G , there is also black color crush issue in the device ... you can watch the new batman teaser (warner bros) on youtube to get clear idea ...
Also the always on display is not completely black ..kind of greyish if you see the AOD with low brightness
0 Likes
Abhijitmh
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Just confirmed, Link Speed is just 65 Mbps, even 4 yr old phone has 300 Mbps. It's just pathetic.
Note: It's link speed not internet speed
0 Likes
kaura
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
It's limited to 20mhz due to single band wifi driver in phone.samsung should have enabled 40 mhz in drivers of phone.
0 Likes
Abhijitmh
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It's same for both 20 and 40 mhz channel width
0 Likes
kaura
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Bro in phone drivers 40 mhz is not enabled that's why it is limited to only 65 mbs .complian to samsung to update drivers in phone
0 Likes
Geo_george
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I am getting 100 Mbps download and upload speed. I didn't encounter any issues with WiFi. See the screenshot. Screenshot_20211126-083233_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes
kaura
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Check speed without mobile data.
0 Likes
Geo_george
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Bro, I am not using mobile data. I have a Jio broadband Fiber connection with 100 Mbps speed. In WiFi connection getting 95 to 100 Mbps speed in my mobile. My mobile is A52s5G
0 Likes