Options
Galaxy A

9 Comments
Pranav122002
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
What is this smart switch
Plz help me
How are you downloading software update of phone in your laptop?
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
1. Install Smart switch on both device ie. in your smartphone and computer/laptop.

2. Connect your phone with computer by data cable.

3. After successfully connected , check whether any update is showing there or not.

3. If yes , you'll get an option to update your device.

NOTE: It'll take some time. Don't disconnect your cable or phone or pc during the update process.

It's safe. But if you want then you can also take backup of your device from smart switch in your pc.
0 Likes
Pranav122002
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
But why to install update by this when we can simply download update in phone only in settings
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You can get updates 1-2 days before the phone gets the update in Settings ( OTA update )

And Smart Switch updates don't contain bugs and glitches most of the time as updating through this your device's old software will be completely deleted and new software will be flashed. But OTA update contains bugs and glitches as the new software gets overwrited on the old software.
0 Likes
msd7781
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I did all the above but I didn't get update option
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Which device are you using?
0 Likes
msd7781
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
A51
0 Likes
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try once more, still if you don't get the option then you'll have to wait for OTA update which we will get tomorrow.

I'm also waiting for OTA update in my A51, I don't want to take all these smart switch headaches.
Besides there are chances of erasing your whole data while updating through Smart Switch if you do any mistake. I'll recommend you to wait for tomorrow.
keshu2k20
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I got the same. Thanks
0 Likes