Original topic:

A50 - huge issues with WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram after updating to android 11

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 12:37 AM)
EmmaCello
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

Since updating my A50 to Android 11 2 days ago, I'm having huge trouble using WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram. The apps seem to lose connection, so no messages can be send or received. Rebooting solves the problem for about 10-15 minutes. It seems like the phone blockes some kind of internetconnection to these apps. (Email, websites etc do work) 

I've cleared the app caches separately, all app caches by rebooting with power button + volume up, reset all app settings. Deleting Instagram and reinstalling didn't solve anything, so I didn't go through the trouble with doing that to WhatsApp, since that is unlikely to solve anything.

Right now I'd prefer to go back to the system pre-updating, but that seems a slippery slope as well. 

I know these are third party apps, but it's clearly linked to the update from Samsung... And I'm not the only one it seems.

11 Comments
sfxut03
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
do you use SD card??
0 Likes
Kulss
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
The same problem is arising with my handset too... some of the app show's data connection lost.

Even after reset/clear data,cache/ reinstalling application it's not been working..

Everyone should leave a feedback to the samsung team by attaching a screenshot.
There is a need of bugs development in the next update.
0 Likes
RahulCBR
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
One thing you can do that is switch from normal mode to safe mode and spend some time in safe mode then turn off the safe mode....I think it will work
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
rajaravivarman
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Facing the same issue in my A50S.
0 Likes
ThomasK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same with me. just reported it to Samsung, they askey me to softreset my A50 (vol- & Powerbutton). This obviously worked, but for how long? 

0 Likes
Sonushinde
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I also did soft-reset but still facing same issue.
0 Likes
Phil Drabble
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I have the same issue since the update. Fb, WhatsApp and Google maps won't allow me to comment or select details on mobile data, but my Gmail is fine and I can update my Smart watch Apps! 

0 Likes
ommsam
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Share the solution please. It's so frustrating
0 Likes