Original topic:

A50 January Update

(Topic created on: 01-20-2020 10:01 AM)
Obheek
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
It is already the 20th of the month and still Samsung fails to provide the security patch for January. It's very shameful for a brand like Samsung to neglect mid-segment phones from where they get the highest profit and provide regular updates to only premium-phones where they have the lowest sales and are a no match for companies like One Plus and Apple.

This is my only and final Samsung device. Thanks for this amazing experience Samsung. 
Never Again.

12 Comments
KDdesai
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Hey bro, all other companies provide late security update except Android one
Like honor will give January updates in February
Please don't spread this nusense because Samsung is giving the perfect month security update in that particular month
Obheek
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Honor is not even in the competition in the mobile phone market. Most of the shares are owned by Redmi/Xiaomi, Realme and Samsung. Honor and Nokia ar lagging behind. I have seen friends using smartphones from these brands getting updates within the first week itself. The fixes are big and stable too. Some of them have even received Android 10 updates. Talking of Samsung, it gets worse. The security patches are generally pushed in the 3rd-4th week of that month. There was a month where they even skipped the security patch. Moreover the updates that they feature have quite a lot of bugs in them. They improve one feature while degrading the another. Fingerprint sensor is an absolute joke in this phone.
Android 10 in A50 is still a dream. The only thing keeping me from replacing this device is the fantastic customer support and the amount of money I have invested on this phone. I don't know brother which phone you are using but I am quite disappointed with A50 after using it for 7months.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
You will get in February
0 Likes
Deepakj
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
may this week
0 Likes
Obheek
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
You proved my point further dear friend. Read carefully what I have written.
Samsung pushes latest updates to the premium phones or when they are launching a new phone.

Security patches are extremely slow on Samsung devices.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Well...let's face it...Do you prefer a phone getting slower security patches rather than getting nothing at all?
0 Likes
Obheek
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
For the price it is launched, they are bound to give security patches every month like the competitors. After all I think it all brings down the Exynos chipset they are using. No matter how hard they try, Exynos chipsets are a no match for their Snapdragon counterparts
Galaxy A
But I do agree with your point about the fingerprint sensor....In short,the fingerprint sensor **bleep**....
0 Likes