Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

A50 -Google tells Samsung to stop making changes in Android

(Topic created on: 02-20-2020 07:03 PM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
Rather than securing the devices, changes make them vulnerable to hacks.

Citing an example of Samsung’s Galaxy A50, Google’s Jann Horn revealed that while making these changes, Samsung added custom drivers, thus creating direct access to the kernel. While this was meant to enhance security on the device, it created a memory corruption bug.

This bug was patched with an update in the recent February update by the company

6 Comments
Solution
Selvamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I have already told this.. in my post. a50 android 10 update will come much delay and no much option. this was happened in j7max.. oh god.. I m buying phones with issues always
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
didn't see it. will do see it once.
Solution
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
It's patched.
Solution
Selvamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
not yet.. brother. that's november issue was patched in feb update
Solution
SliceSupport
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
kernel team rejects this Check Kernel.org mailing list ... Google have not said anything about it

only one employee of google PROJECT ZERO passed this opinion

Kernel.org kernel packagers allows anyone to add their driver package by modifing it .. it is just a controversy created by some useless media house based on an employee opinion and marking it as Google statement

even android team allows vendors to modify it according to vendor needs

This is just a media propogated agenda
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
@SliceSupport Well i too read that article, yes you're right about it and the issue did happen so what i intended is like as Samsung is releasing the update without checking and fixing it after knowing about it in later update.
0 Likes