Original topic:

A50 Display issue

(Topic created on: 05-01-2020 10:43 AM)
AkhilJoyMaliackal
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
My screen is not in true black color  some times. I guess its happens when battery comes below a certain limit or something related with adaptive brightnesa. Pleaee let me know anyone else facing thia issue.

The issue is a grey or visible black appears over the sceen eventhough the screen is full black. Like in night mode. And some lines are flickering over screen. This flickering is visible only when we looks over a camers.

I just attached an image when screen is black. Like during diplay test (*#0*# -> black) it should display pure black but it showing grey color insted of that.

Anyone please help me with this. Let me know any other users facing/faced same issue before.

6 Comments
Shivu27
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I too faced this issue when the brightness is decreased. The wallpaper gets confusing its colour. Seems like display is damaged. But increasing brightness all gets right.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
then you changed your display? or still have same issue?
0 Likes
Shivu27
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
not fixed yet as it is not a big issue. screen works well. colour only fades when the brightness is at zero. at 5 it gets okk.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
yes.. how you fixed this?
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device:

Check device in safe mode:

Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.

Enter safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon.

Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue)

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,

Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
ANIRUDDHAd
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I am also facing the same issue from last software update.... and some days before I contacted the assistance through Samsung members application and did all the procedures but nothing worked..... I think it's a problem related to the last software update and can be fixed only by next update...but unfortunately the update policy for a50 is over now.....
0 Likes