Original topic:

A50 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 12:30 PM)
bakumar
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A

I'm facing severe battery drain and slow charging problems after updating to Android 10 and UI 2.0. I also updated the June 2020 security patch but still the problems are not solved. 

Moreover I updated using Smart Switch as some of the members advised that it is best way to update the phone than updating via OTA.

I tried the Safe Mode also and the battery drain still happens.

Around 45 mins on LinkedIn on a good WiFi and lost 19% battery. 

1 hr of music and 10 mins phone call with screen off with Samsung Health running in the background and lost 24% battery. 

When I wake up in the morning and check phone, I lose around 20% of battery even after 8 hours of inactivity. This is the worst thing.

When I was on Android 9.0, I used to lose hardly half of the battery level for the same use.

Now I'm forced to charge at least 3 times a day.

When I messaged the customer care, the only advice they gave me was to switch off all functions like BT, WiFi, Mobile Data, Sync, Screen Rotation, use adaptive brightness, switch off location and practically everything. Then what is the point in using a smart phone that costs thousands of rupees? Better to use a feature phone for Rs.1000.
10 Comments
Samsung_6koFkSU
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
n
0 Likes
yvt
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Did you :
1. Turn on Samsung Max overnight?
or
2.Put in 3g or 4g network mode (in the practical sense, either 3g or 4g works fine all the night) overnight?

These are the main two reasons for high amount of discharging overnight.
0 Likes
bakumar
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Battery started draining overnight only after Android 10 update. Before that I used to lose anywhere between 7%-10% only.

At home, the 4G signal is bad and mobile data won't work. So I use 2G network only and use WiFi for all online activities.
0 Likes
yvt
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
see if wifi scanning is turned on
0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Your battery is dying for some reason. Take it to a service center and get it replaced.
0 Likes
bakumar
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
This problem started only after updating to Android 10. If was fine until then.

Moreover the warranty period is over and so what's the point in spending on a new battery unnecessarily when it is not the issue.
0 Likes
RebaDas
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
After android 10 update I,m face sem problem my A50 battery draining is very first and very slow charging
😨😨😨😨
0 Likes
Samsung_quK1y3E
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
after the update i am facing the same battery drain issue & not charging... its charging only via laptop
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device battery drain issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes