Original topic:

A50 Android 10 and UI 2.0 update - Update size varies from OTA to SmartSwitch

(Topic created on: 06-18-2020 07:23 PM)
bakumar
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
When I received the OTA update for Android 10 it was close to 1.8 GB but when is tried through SmartSwitch it is 4.3 GB. I dont understand why there is so much difference in size. Please see the screen shots below. 

Can anyone explain and help?

When updating through OTA it is 1793.44 MB

When updating through SmartSwitch it is 4231 MB

10 Comments
Galaxy A
When u recieve an update through OTA, the size is of that update Only, but when u update through smart switch it downloads the whole update file like bootloader, system file and after updating through smart switch ur internal data will be erased, so pls do a complete back up before updating through smart switch

The phone will start like a new phone

if u find this ans valuable pls check this ans as solution
0 Likes
bakumar
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
So in case I update through OTA then will I not be updating the phone completely?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
It will be updated completely, but before an Os upgrade it is recommended that u should update it through smart switch or if ur updating it through OTA, u must reset ur phone after updating. So, anyway ur going to lose internal data. So, if u have enough internet update it through smart switch for smoother experience
bakumar
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Ok. Thank you.
0 Likes
bakumar
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I updated to Android 10 using Smart Switch 2 days ago but the phone only restarted after the update and there was no data loss. All the loaded apps got synced and updated. That's it. I also got the May 2020 security update.

And after the update, I'm facing battery drain issue and the charging is also slow compared to Android 10.

Any solutions would be helpful.
Galaxy A
That's great that ur data and apps got synced nd the problems u have mentioned are being faced by everyone ( that's from samsung side ) wait for samsung to provide updates regarding it
0 Likes
Galaxy A
and listen install galaxy labs apk from apk mirror website nd after installing galaxy labs, open the app nd download apps booster apk from that respective site only nd install it too. After, installing apps booster optimise ur apps, it will surely improve ur experience
0 Likes
bakumar
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Thank you but what does the app booster do?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
It optimises all ur apps and makes it smoother
0 Likes