Original topic:

A40 2.4 GHz hotspot not working since update

(Topic created on: 04-07-2021 12:09 PM)
petibankuti
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi,

Since my A40 phone updated its software to Android 11 a couple weeks ago, the hotspot acts in a very strange way in 2.4 GHz mode:

When I try to turn on the hotspot, it just turns on for a second and then off. But if I restart the phone, it works once. The second time it does the same again.

In 5 GHz mode it seems to work fine, but I have devices that are not compatible with that (funnily enough a brand new Samsung TV for example...). There must be a way to make it work in 2.4 GHz mode, anybody knows a solution?

9 Comments
techki
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Reset your device
0 Likes
JT2
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I have had the same problem after the update. Resetting device doesn't solve the problem.

0 Likes
techki
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Wait second update may be solve the problem
0 Likes
J-Cutter
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Had the same issue here: After the Android 11 update on my A40, the Hotspot turned itself off after a second in 2.4Ghz mode, but worked fine in 5Ghz mode with all the other settings the same.

Still testing, but the fix for me was manually opening the galaxy store, installing all the Samsung app updates, then restarting phone - that got the 2.4Ghz hotsport working again, with devices confirmed connected. Need to check it stays on and working, but hope that helps.

0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
velovelog
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi, I have exactly the same issue. I can say that restarting the phone works for a while but after few hours, hotspot on 2,4 GHz doesn't work again. 5 GHz works fine. So restarting is the only temporary solution for the problem now which is pretty annoying.

Bobberbob
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi

Exactly the same problem here in the Netherlands. Hotspot at 5 Ghz works flawlessly, 2.,4 Ghz only after repeatedly clicking on the On switch.

Reset did not work. Only a restart and that only works once or twice.

Once it works, it keeps on working. As I use Macrodroid, I hate this bug for now I contantly must do it manually. I have the april 17 update ending in CUC4. That was no help at all. I am starting to hate this phone. I suggest either Android or Samsung start working on a solution.

0 Likes
Bobberbob
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

As stupid as it sounds, the solution is simple. Disable bluetooth. Switch off device. Switch on device. Start hotspot. End hotspot. Enable bluetooth.

I did it and it is now working all day.

Succes

0 Likes
Bobberbob
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Oops.  I was too quick with my solution. After one day all went wrong again.  No 2.4 Ghz hotspot.

I am getting pretty annoyed

0 Likes